Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A new adventure

This must be what the Chipsters feel like when they leave orientation. Excited. Nervous. Inspired. Supported. Ready for the adventure that lies ahead. Blessed. After six years, I’m leaving the Chips Quinn program to return to the Newseum’s Visitor Services staff. I am excited because the next few months will be very busy as we prepare for the October opening of the Newseum. I am nervous to leave the comfort of the CQ program. I am inspired by the alums and the current scholars. You step out of your comfort zones to go to a new town, a new home and a new job just to do what you do. You all are my heroes. I feel supported by the entire Chips Quinn family – from John Quinn, Karen Catone and Michelle Hedenskoog to every speaker, alum and coach. I am grateful to have you in my corner. Because of your caring and support, I am ready for my next adventure. I am blessed to have been a part of this amazing program.

-- Kristen Smith, administrative assistant, Chips Quinn Scholars Program

No comments: