Friday, May 18, 2007

Lively, lovely and life changing

I learned so much on the first day! It is not a surprise to me because I am a very talkative person, but I am impressed. I anticipate this experience to be lively, lovely and life changing. My fellow Salukis and former Chipster friends have pep-talked me through this whole process, so I think I’m pretty knowledgeable in the Chips Quinn process. I hope to come away with many experiences and friendships with the other students and the staff of Chips Quinn and the Freedom Forum.

Thursday was my first day riding on a plane. It was terrible, but I am glad that I had the chance to say that I have done it. This also is my first time in Nashville, so I am glad to be visiting a new city. Thursday also was my first time in a long time learning something valuable from my peers. It is not everyday that you meet someone who looks like you and talks like you but is nothing like you. I am used to being around people either exactly like me or drastically different, so thank you Chips Quinn for giving me the opportunity to mature.

When (alum) Martin Reynolds said that we are the best of the best, I really felt proud. I don’t believe that I am the best, but I do believe that I am exceptional. I seem to be the only person with vast multimedia skills, but I’m almost positive that I am the worst writer. Honestly, I just hope to survive this orientation and internship and, most of all, make you wonderful people proud.


-- Aerial McCall, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, Green Bay (Wis.) Press-Gazette

No comments: