Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thankful to be here

Well, it’s the first day of orientation for the Chips Quinn Scholars Program. I can’t help but say how intrigued I am. My mentors Erica Pippins and Nia Hightower, who are Chips alums, have told me many great things about the program. It’s one thing to hear great things, but to have the experience yourself is even better. Once again, this is the first day and I feel as if I have been inducted into the Journalism Hall of Fame or something. I know this sounds funny, or maybe it doesn’t, but I’m just glad to be a Chipster. This experience is firing up my passion to be a reporter. I’m so thankful to be here. This is a dream come true for me. Thanks to the Chips Quinn Scholars Program for starting an unforgettable experience off right. Oh, I forgot to mention, I love the family atmosphere that is offered.


-- Sha’Day Jackson, Tuskegee University, The Dispatch, Lexington, N.C.

No comments: