Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Going in with a plan – and staying flexible

I'm nervous and excited. I'm beginning to outline exactly what I want out of my internship. I want to go in with a plan but maintain a lot of flexibility. Mary Ann Hogan is a tremendous career coach and I am going to make an effort to stay in contact with her throughout my internship and journalism career. One of today’s panelists bounced from a career as a florist to journalism. This is interesting because while I have a passion for spreading information, I sometimes think about switching to a field that has to do with economics, finance or urban planning. But since I plan on living a long life I will do it all. I cannot get over how great this experience has been. The people are helpful and the students are open and friendly.


-- Renita Burns, Temple University, Rochester (N.Y.) Democrat and Chronicle

No comments: