Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My comfort zone renewed

What I see in this program: Humorous, spontaneous, articulate, colorful, driven, open-minded and goal-oriented young professionals. Just like me. I see comfort. I’m experiencing many new things in this short amount of time. I'm warming up to 44 people quickly. They are as passionate and determined about their futures as I am. It’s amazing; I’m taking it all in and loving it.

Before I was named a Chips Quinn Scholar, I went through a doubtful period -- doubting my talents and place in the newsroom. But after being here, my confidence has been restored. I have a burst of energy I haven’t felt in a long time. I’m super sad to leave, but I will go back home knowing that I’m not alone in the journey to becoming a successful journalist.

-- Natalie Gilmore, Austin Peay State University, and
copy editor, Springfield (Mo.) News-Leader

No comments: