Tuesday, May 22, 2007

On affirmation and ambassadors

The most valuable gift I received this weekend was affirmation. I am awestruck by the compassion, enthusiasm and commitment that everyone has brought to this experience. I thank each of you for sharing some part of yourself with me and regret not being able to share more of myself with you in return.

I will leave here emboldened, having been newly designated an ambassador of this program. I cannot anticipate what triumphs and tribulations life might hand me as I continue on my journey. However, I am certain now that the seat I occupied this weekend was rightly mine – in spite of my inexperience and insecurities. I have a talent that others believe should be nurtured and developed. I will carry that knowledge with me through the coming summer and my professional career.


-- Tierra L. Palmer, Ohio University, Smith College, Lancaster (Ohio) Eagle-Gazette

No comments: