Saturday, May 19, 2007

Having fun along the way

Photo by Daniel Sato
Theresa Kasallis, Betsy Martinez and Daniel Davis have fun at the Wildhorse Saloon in Nashville.


There have been so many wonderful tidbits of information during this magnificent weekend. But one has stuck out: Chips rule No. 2 --always have fun.

I’m an outgoing, always-laughing and cracking-jokes type of guy. Sometimes it can be a little overwhelming to others, but that is just me. It makes me proud to hear someone within the Chips Quinn program say to have fun. When the time comes to get down to business, I know how to turn off the switch. Though I might make a comment here or there during work, I never allow myself to get stressed out because I don’t consider any of this work. This is my livelihood, this is what I have chosen to do. I always will be a firm believer in never doing a job or embarking on a career that I don’t love doing. If you can’t have fun or if work doesn't make you happy, then there is no point doing it. Then it becomes a job and not a career. I plan on having a career and I plan on adhering to the profound words of Chips in my journey through this profession. Hopefully, I can help someone else have fun along the way.


-- Ronald Clark, Hampton University, Tallahassee (Fla.) Democrat

No comments: