Saturday, May 19, 2007

A promise to do my best

It is hard to believe that the weekend is almost over. I must admit that I have learned so much and met so many wonderful people in such a short time. It feels as if I know everyone well, when I actually have known them for only a couple days. I know I will miss everyone, and going home is going to be difficult. Fortunately, I feel as though I will be well prepared for my internship when I start May 29. Attending the Chips Quinn program has refreshed my memory on many topics; plus I have learned many new things.

Picking just one valuable lesson is almost impossible. Everything I have learned this weekend will contribute to my success at my summer internship. If anything, this program has inspired me to do the best I can. I want to do the best I can for myself and also for the newspaper, the Chips Quinn Scholars Program and everyone who has helped me get to this point.

Without the Chips Quinn program, I would not have this wonderful opportunity to go to California for a summer internship. I am truly grateful that John Quinn and the Freedom Forum gave me this opportunity. By doing my best in the newsroom, I will show how thankful I am that they believe in me and my journalism skills.


-- Jennifer Muhmel, University of South Dakota, Ventura County (Calif.) Star

No comments: